Hen bleeding from beak. Please help!

Yes, the crop is on the right side of the breast.

So the lump or place on the neck is not really new to her, she's always had some issues there?
Oh and now she's sleeping like this?
20220407_161449.jpg

Yes, the crop is on the right side of the breast.

So the lump or place on the neck is not really new to her, she's always had some issues there?
Update- The vet said it could be a liver problem or a bacterial infection and gave some Doxycycline. They also trimmed her beak a bit and took some samples.

But now when I give her water, she wants it but is not able to drink it. Maybe she's sore from the trimming and examining?

They also gave her some energy/liquid food by injecting it.

You may have to syringe fluids into her. Her beak may be sore, if the vet trimmed it more.
Hopefully she will start to show some improvement with the medication.
The vet already did that. She said to just give the antibiotics for 5 days and see.12 hrs later, she's still not eating, so not a beak problem.

The vet already did that. She said to just give the antibiotics for 5 days and see.12 hrs later, she's still not eating, so not a beak problem.
I understand the vet gave her fluids, but if she's not drinking or eating, then you will need to syringe or tube fluids into her or she'll get dehydrated again.

I understand the vet gave her fluids, but if she's not drinking or eating, then you will need to syringe or tube fluids into her or she'll get dehydrated again.
I'm giving her water and she's drinking it. I gave her some yoghurt too. She's not eating though. Will she not get better without food or is it OK as long as she's drinking the medicated water?

No improvement so far. Will update in the morning

She will need nutrition as well. Can you make a wet slurry of feed to syringe into her after she's hydrated?
Don't want to aspirate her so we'll take her to the vet soon.

Today, she's more active and drinking water. Not eating though.
The vet actually didn't completely trim her beak as it was too risky or something and the hen's now completely done it herself.

Now she's chomping the air, getting used to her beak ig?

Last edited:
She will need nutrition as well. Can you make a wet slurry of feed to syringe into her after she's hydrated?
Big Update- She's eating!! So was it her beak, after all?then,why didn't she eat the liquid mash? I'll continue with the antibiotics just in case.! I'm so glad! Today morning, she looked very bad.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom