Hen Bullying

Rachuab

In the Brooder
Jan 12, 2021
My hen Nugget is slowly recovering from Marek's Disease. It’s been three weeks and she’s walking better and more every day! We have two coops so she’s been living alone in the additional coop. I thought putting her back with the flock would motivate her to be more active, but when I did that this morning Hen Solo and Beaker (our Rooster) keep attacking her and wouldn’t let her eat or drink. I separated her immediately and thought I’d reach out to you guys for suggestions on how to get her back with the flock....

On a separate note Nugget has always been the loner of the group but she’s also my kids favorite!!!

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you in advance!!!

Have they been able to see each other? If not put her coop/run next to your other flock, with a fence in the middle so they can see but not hurt each other. Also do you have more then 1 water and food source? I’d recommend having at least 3 water sources, and at least 2 food sources (the more the better).

Have they been able to see each other? If not put her coop/run next to your other flock, with a fence in the middle so they can see but not hurt each other. Also do you have more then 1 water and food source? I’d recommend having at least 3 water sources, and at least 2 food sources (the more the better).
Yes the coops share a wall. The Main coop has two feeders and two waterers and the additional coop where Nugget is currently has just one waterer and one feeder.

Yes the coops share a wall. The Main coop has two feeders and two waterers and the additional coop where Nugget is currently has just one waterer and one feeder.
If you only have one waterer and one feeder for one chicken that’s fine. How many chickens do you have in your main coop?

Do you have places for your chickens to hide? And also how big is your run? I’d recommend adding an extra waterer and feeder. Or hand feeding them and making ‘piles’ of seed, at least one per chicken.

My hen Nugget is slowly recovering from Marek's Disease. It’s been three weeks and she’s walking better and more every day! We have two coops so she’s been living alone in the additional coop. I thought putting her back with the flock would motivate her to be more active, but when I did that this morning Hen Solo and Beaker (our Rooster) keep attacking her and wouldn’t let her eat or drink. I separated her immediately and thought I’d reach out to you guys for suggestions on how to get her back with the flock....

On a separate note Nugget has always been the loner of the group but she’s also my kids favorite!!!

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you in advance!!!
Put hen solo and the problem roo into a seperate crate and put nugget back with the flock. After she's good with the rest of the hens, put the bullies back.

Back
Top Bottom