Hen crowing for attention

They also crow, sometimes, when they are feeling good
1f60a.png

we have a hen who started crowing for treats. i keep cracked corn in the garage that i use as yard scratch. if it has been a few days since i have thrown any out for our 17 hens, she will come into the garage, stand right in front of the scratch bucket and crow. that is the absolute only time she does it. i think the rest of the girls send her in as their messenger to tell me they want some snacks! i took video of it yesterday but can't figure out how to post it.

we have a hen who started crowing for treats. i keep cracked corn in the garage that i use as yard scratch. if it has been a few days since i have thrown any out for our 17 hens, she will come into the garage, stand right in front of the scratch bucket and crow. that is the absolute only time she does it. i think the rest of the girls send her in as their messenger to tell me they want some snacks! i took video of it yesterday but can't figure out how to post it.
Upload to youtube, then link here using the 'insert video' icon.

I noticed yesterday that this same hen who crows for cracked corn is now getting spurs on the backs of both legs. Her name is queen Elizabeth, and she is definitely establishing her rule over the rest of the flock!
Does anyone else have a hen who has taken on rooster traits?

Back
Top Bottom