Hen died- Help! **RESULTS ARE BACK**

Chic's Chickens :

Clean the waterer.. the feed holder... change out the bedding in the coop... until further help arrives!

We did! So hopefully it gets better soon.​

Someone suggested taking Night's body for a necropsy. If that's not possible and you have another die, take it right away for a necropsy to find out what you are dealing with. So sorry to hear about your troubles. I've been through that and it just sucks!

I agree with the others who suggested a necropsy. I would want to be able to find out exactly what it is. Otherwise, you're probably just guessing unless one of your other chickens displays some verifiable symptoms, you know?

With this many people not being able to give you any decent answers......it just seems like a necropsy makes the most sense....to me.

So sorry for your trouble and your loss.

Please let us know what you learn.
hugs.gif

We decided to send Night in for a necropsy. I hope it isn't horrible enough that the flock cannot be treated... the vet said to continue sulmet, so we will. Once again, thank you everyone!

-Cass

Just to let anyone know who is interested-

We called the lab today to make sure that they had received Night's body and they have. Hopefully we will have results soon!

I hope you hear back soon.

After you are finished with the ten days or two weeks or whatever the Sulmet treatment is, you should consider giving the chickens some plain yogurt to reestablish good bacteria.

You may want to buy some PolyViSol baby vitamins without iron and give each bird a drop on the beak three times a day for a few days.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom