Hen died suddenly!

hawsecav19d

Chirping
Mar 26, 2015
I had a hen die last night and I think it was pneumonia. Its rained here for 4 days strait and my chickens got good sized coop and big run but the run is just netting so they get wet. When I found her this morning I did a once over on her no injuries anywhere and they all seemed fine yesterday cause they all gave a egg too. All the other chickens where nice and fluffy and warm this morning in the coop and she was laying on floor under the roost still soaked completely thru so I believe she died cause she got cold and wet. This sound possible it was a year and half old hen not molting or should I be looking for something else?

I had a hen die last night and I think it was pneumonia. Its rained here for 4 days strait and my chickens got good sized coop and big run but the run is just netting so they get wet. When I found her this morning I did a once over on her no injuries anywhere and they all seemed fine yesterday cause they all gave a egg too. All the other chickens where nice and fluffy and warm this morning in the coop and she was laying on floor under the roost still soaked completely thru so I believe she died cause she got cold and wet. This sound possible it was a year and half old hen not molting or should I be looking for something else?

Might you have a necropsy done on her?

Sorry for your loss of your hen.

Back
Top Bottom