Hen eating well still not laying eggs

Marie2020

Addict
May 12, 2020
My girl was the best layer, but suddenly stopped laying a couple of months back. She may have eaten bad seeds, so i used activated charcoal, liquorice root and a little Epsom salts, at different times not all at once :). As well as the latter I bathed her and kept her quiet, incase of her being eggbound. We've had tempory fencing put up and there was a bad nieghbor that kept burning all sorts of rubbish through lockdown up until 2 week's ago. Which any one of the problems mentioned could have brought this on. Being just over a year old will she possibly lay again? Any thoughts gratefully received :barnie

What makes you think the seeds were bad? In what way may have they been bad?
What breed is she?
What makes up the total intake of feed, protein content, mill date, treats, etc.?

Hi there. :) . Due too having to make some adjustments in the garden, with no grass left, something had to be done. So my nieghbor said they could use his garden for an hour now and then. I didn't notice that he'd left a heap of old wild bird seeds, obviously I stopped them going in that area, they ate those things :duc . We are contained in better conditions since the grass has been re-grown but still a bit worried.

20200529_121602.jpg

Here is her photo, she is the brown and gold. I have no idea what she is, I'm ashamed to say. Still learning here. :rolleyes: . Just love having them in my life 😍

Their main feed is chicken pellets then porridge with variant of fruit and veg finished off with mixed corn. Just started fermenting some of their food, which I learned to do through this site. :pop

My girl was the best layer, but suddenly stopped laying a couple of months back.

Was that in the fall, when chickens naturally molt? (I don't know which part of the world you're in.) Did she act normal except for the not-laying?

Do you know for sure she's not laying? Because sometimes a chicken lays softshell eggs, that break and get eaten by the chickens. (If she's laying softshell eggs, then she probably needs more calcium. If she's not laying at all, then lots of extra calcium could hurt her.)

What is the nutrition information on the pellets? (Especially protein percent and calcium percent)

What is the porridge made of?

The "mixed corn" is a mixture of what?

They all have mixed grit and oyster shells, organic Irish porridge plus their pellets and corn are the marriages organic. Try to give them local fruit and veg wherever possible. :) thanks for asking

Back
Top Bottom