Hen Getting Ready to Lay??

Not sure why someone (Aart maybe?) stated my pics weren't clear in showing the combs of my hen. Just looked at them again and think they are quite clear. You can see the blackish areas on her com pretty well I think. Anyway - I wanted to ask if a gone has heard weird animal noises at night. Im posting what I've been hearing lately. Have researched, but can't find an answer. If uve heard anything like this it know what it is - plz share ur thoughts with me. Thx!

Not sure why someone (Aart maybe?) stated my pics weren't clear in showing the combs of my hen. Just looked at them again and think they are quite clear. You can see the blackish areas on her com pretty well I think. Anyway - I wanted to ask if a gone has heard weird animal noises at night. Im posting what I've been hearing lately. Have researched, but can't find an answer. If uve heard anything like this it know what it is - plz share ur thoughts with me. Thx!

It was me, the pics are out of focus and not well lit,
making it hard to tell if it is fowl pox or blood or...something else.

I hear animal noises most nights, but I live out in the boonies.
It can take awhile to ID what animal you might be hearing.

What kind of noises are you hearing? Grunts, hoots, growls....? What area do you live in again?

You can try doing a google search similar to this: critters of the night+Audrain County Missouri (but use your location). Mine came up with this https://mdc.mo.gov/xplor/2017-01-0/creatures-night

Sometimes they will have sound clips of the noises the animals make and will help you to identify them.

Thanks yet again for the input guys. I tried to upload the video but it doesn't let me. Any tech advice? I live in west georgia, pauldimg county, about 40 minutes outside of Atlanta. Have googled like a fiend and not found the call yet. My mom said maybe N owl, but never heard an owl sound like this. Heard it at dusk in the trees tonight. I'll try and upload again.

Thanks yet again for the input guys. I tried to upload the video but it doesn't let me. Any tech advice? I live in west georgia, pauldimg county, about 40 minutes outside of Atlanta. Have googled like a fiend and not found the call yet. My mom said maybe N owl, but never heard an owl sound like this. Heard it at dusk in the trees tonight. I'll try and upload again.
I don't think we can upload video directly to BYC. I've tried. I'm sure I saw somebody say we have to upload to You Tube or other site and then paste the url here.

Thanks, Crooked Chicken. Seems silly. How can we get that changed?? Sure lots of folks have videos they'd like to share here. Seems like BYC is a lil behind the times. Not gonna upload to youtube. Don't have a Facebook account, etc. Got off that site five years ago - nothing but drama for me. One of the best things I've ever done.

Thanks, Crooked Chicken. Seems silly. How can we get that changed?? Sure lots of folks have videos they'd like to share here. Seems like BYC is a lil behind the times. Not gonna upload to youtube. Don't have a Facebook account, etc. Got off that site five years ago - nothing but drama for me. One of the best things I've ever done.

I think somebody brought that up alrady, but would be worth putting in your 2 cents! They are getting ready to do some site changes and asking for input on what everyone would like to see:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/the-end-of-2017-byc-improvements-thread.1204182/unread

Back
Top Bottom