hen going down:(

My husband buried the bird this morning. I just got a chance to ask him about her. She was leaking egg matter, so this leads me to believe she started to be a internal layer. I was getting a wet nest, and a egg with a thin shell, I bet this was her. She played out, bless her heart.r

I miss RedNeck Girl. My daughter and I nursed her back to health after she was tore up by a wild pig! It almost took out my whole flock. She lived about 10 years. She never grew all her feathers back. My oldest kid called her the Highlander Chicken. I also had a Silver Laced Wyandotte that was a real pet... I recused a flock of chickens and brought them back to health, kept 4 then gave the rest to a good home. So this RIR had to pretty old. The only chickens I kept of the rescue were 3 Golden Comets and 1 Plymouth Barred Rock. I do love my girls she was at peace. I have a large pen, but will not get any more girls for at least two years, then change breeds probably, something new or old....ya know what I mean.....r

Back
Top Bottom