Hen has diarrhea

In case you will not be able to dissolve the impaction, crop surgery would be necessary to save the chicken from starving to death.

This might be performed by a vet or in case a vet is not an option for you, you might even conduct the procedure yourself:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...reat-your-chickens-surgery-graphic-pic.47713/
Ok. I have her in a crate in the run. I rubbed her crop for 10 minutes. I gave her 2 tablespoons of ACV...the good stuff in a cup of water. I will run to the store and get some coke right now. I'll give that tomorrow morning. She's not very happy with me right now. She wants to be with the other girls. Poor girl😢 thanks for your help everyone.

Ok. I have her in a crate in the run. I rubbed her crop for 10 minutes. I gave her 2 tablespoons of ACV...the good stuff in a cup of water. I will run to the store and get some coke right now. I'll give that tomorrow morning. She's not very happy with me right now. She wants to be with the other girls. Poor girl😢 thanks for your help everyone.
Please do not rub, but massage ever so gently as you do not want to accidentally rupture the thin wall of her crop or cause any other kind of lesion. hold her in an upright position while massaging, so she will be aleviated and able to breath better.

Please do not rub, but massage ever so gently as you do not want to accidentally rupture the thin wall of her crop or cause any other kind of lesion. hold her in an upright position while massaging, so she will be aleviated and able to breath better.
Good to know! I had her upright. I will be gentle while massaging her. I hope I didn't do it wrong. Dang! This is really killing me. She's my baby. I'm going to check on her in a little bit. I just want her to be back to herself. 😭

Thank you so much for replying. Yes I didn't see any blood either. I'll give them the corid treatment for 5 days and see if that does anything. After that I'll do the probiotics and ACV. It's really weird. When she was 1 she had a bare belly and I treated for mites. Not sure if she even had them. Now she'll be 2 this Oct and she went through this huge molt that took all summer. Now she has feathers all over her belly and the rest of her body. Then this poo problem came along! If it's not one thing it's another 🤪
Not acv and probiotics at the same time. If it’s an impacted crop then the acv only

So this morning her crop is a bit smaller. It's feels like the size of a golf ball... maybe little bigger. She seems a bit more active. I still have her in the crate. Giving her only ACV with water. I noticed her poop was a little more formed this morning not watery green. Also been massaging her crop every couple hours. I think she's getting a little tired of me doing it. She is pecking at me now. Last night she tolerated it now she's like leave me alone. I'll give her until tomorrow in the crate then I'll let her start eating. Does that sound right? Thanks

So this morning her crop is a bit smaller. It's feels like the size of a golf ball... maybe little bigger. She seems a bit more active. I still have her in the crate. Giving her only ACV with water. I noticed her poop was a little more formed this morning not watery green. Also been massaging her crop every couple hours. I think she's getting a little tired of me doing it. She is pecking at me now. Last night she tolerated it now she's like leave me alone. I'll give her until tomorrow in the crate then I'll let her start eating. Does that sound right? Thanks
The crop needs to be totally empty in the morning or it will all get stuck again if you allow food too early.

Try the recommended remedies and let her have some grit. ACV alone might not be able to dissolve the blockage.

Back
Top Bottom