Hen has gone quiet all of a sudden.

Sorry for your loss. At least she was warm & comfy when she passed. It's always hard...
sad.png

My girl has died, in happy I brought her in when I did so I know she was quite, peaceful comfy n warm when she went! I've examined her vent and under wings both clean and no signs of any creepy crawels! :-(

I'm so very sorry too hear, :(

Here she is laying down, her back feather all ruffled up a little.... That's not normal - right?

Hi,

It feels quite bubbly and full, Earlier she had some grey-ish fluid discharge from her, it was more liquid than goo but it had a slight stick to it, though not strong.

Any ideas? I'll see if I have a picture of her crop to show

Last edited:
I'll do anything to ensure the survival of my girls, do you think maybe it's an impacted crop and why she has eaten and drunk only little?

If it was impacted you'd want to give a little mineral oil, but if its liquidy it might be sour crop, a buildup of bacteria in the crop. Can you google sour crop and impacted crop and see what you think it is, depending on how the description matches your hen's symptoms? If its sour crop you'd want to help her get rid of it by vomiting. I've never done it myself, but I've heard it comes up easily enough.

Back
Top Bottom