Hen has growths/infection on back and wings

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

He needs to be separated from the hens for awhile, I think. Believe me, you do not want to find an egg sized hole in her side from ripped skin and that's where it's headed. I have a hen in a dog crate healing from just such a wound. Due to circumstances in that particular breeding pen, she was the only one being mated by my humongous Orp rooster, so was badly wounded. We cut his spurs, but it will be awhile before she can go back with him.

thank you everyone for your help. I'm gonna separate my rooster and see if aI can get my girl/girls healed up then see about getting some saddles made.

He's got 5 girls in his harem now, I've got 6 I'll be adding, but they're young so will be a while. I specifically wanted to add not only for eggs, but to help the girls and as everyone's said increase the harem.

Now I have to deal with opening up the wounds to drain, not gonna be my favorite or hers, but need to see about getting her healed.

Quote:
that might be what's all swollen. Is it in between her wings? What do I do?

Yes, it's on her back just before her tail. Not really sure how to deal with it. Could be clogged or damaged. Maybe put some Neosporin on it? Honestly, have not had to deal with this problem, so maybe someone who has can help with this.

Her wound is between her wings by her neck, so not the gland, so I'll see about getting it drained and healed.

Back
Top Bottom