Hen has stopped the eggs!!!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by McCoysOrps, Feb 9, 2014.

1. McCoysOrps

McCoysOrps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2013
    Mt Juliet TN
    I have 2 one year old hens and 1 lays but the other has stopped since I got her! She looks at it and moves on the one that is laying just started since I moved them form the field to the barn! I just got a rooster too?!?! Help please!

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    If you move them to a new location that can stress them out and cause them to stop laying for awhile. Sometimes stress can be added when you get a rooster but that has never stopped mine from laying. They could be molting. And it is winter and very cold here, dont know where you are. But less hours of daylight, causes them to stop laying

3. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    I agree. The move, changes in her environment, or molting could have stopped her.

Also check for signs of parasites, internal and external.

And, finally, check to see if she is laying somewhere else other than the nest box. She may not agree with how the nest box is situated or simply is fickle.

My guesses.
    Lady of McCamley

BTW: You are in the "What Breed or Gender is This?" forum. Try posting on "Chicken Behaviors and Egg Laying" if you have further trouble.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by