Hen hasn’t gone broody

Natalia-anc

Chirping
Feb 12, 2019
Two of my hens went broody last year around this time. I really want at least one of them to go broody again but they haven’t so far. Any ideas on why they aren’t going broody? Help I really want a broody lol

It's driven by hormones. You can encourage them by leaving eggs in the nest. Not a guarantee but it works sometimes.

Ok. But is aren’t hens supposed to go broody every year? I think I read that
Some do, some don't. I have one that goes broody nearly every month during warm weather! I have let her hatch babies early this year. We'll see if she's had enuf after they are weaned.

Some do, some don't. I have one that goes broody nearly every month during warm weather! I have let her hatch babies early this year. We'll see if she's had enuf after they are weaned.
Oh really. Thanks for the response

If they went broody last year, then they probably will this year. Did you keep a record of exactly when? Mine's broodiness was a couple weeks later this year than last.

If they went broody last year, then they probably will this year. Did you keep a record of exactly when? Mine's broodiness was a couple weeks later this year than last.
Oh really. That’s good to know. Last year it was around June 7th I believe so maybe they will in the next couple of weeks

Back
Top Bottom