Hen hasn’t laid in a month?!?!

KKVDK

Songster
5 Years
Feb 24, 2018
Hi everyone! My 1 year old hen was laying regularly and all of a sudden stopped laying. She hasn’t laid an egg for a month! She’s not showing any signs of her being egg bound, but should i be worried? Thank you for ur time!

We have chickens that stop laying all the time, sometimes change of weather can cause the lapse in laying, stress also can cause it. A couple of years ago we had a hawk problem, a hawk would come and take a chicken nearly every day. During that time, the egg production of our hens slowed down because of the stress they were feeling. Another reason, is if a hen is hatching she will stop laying. Some hens won't become broody or sit on a clutch of eggs during this time, but they wont be laying eggs. If she is otherwise healthy I wouldn't be too concerned.

Hi everyone! My 1 year old hen was laying regularly and all of a sudden stopped laying. She hasn’t laid an egg for a month! She’s not showing any signs of her being egg bound, but should i be worried? Thank you for ur time!
How old is she in months.....12 months or ~14-18 months?

What all and how exactly are you feeding?
Have the other hens stopped laying?
Do you free range?

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1660736797503.png

Back
Top Bottom