Hen heating

I'd see about putting in either vents that top hinge (so you can open and close, with the panel providing weather protection and buffering winds) or a pair of louvered vents (like the kind you see in gables) across from each other for some cross ventilation. You definitely have room for another bird in there so I'd either pick a male that's friendlier with her, or find another female.

I'd see about putting in either vents that top hinge (so you can open and close, with the panel providing weather protection and buffering winds) or a pair of louvered vents (like the kind you see in gables) across from each other for some cross ventilation. You definitely have room for another bird in there so I'd either pick a male that's friendlier with her, or find another female.
Thank you for the help. The thing is, I have one hen with three roosters (I know, horrible ratio) and I do not want to take away the hen because I worry the three roosters will start fighting each other. Two of the roosters try to mount the other hen while the other still does not sing nor tries anything rooster. They are all 9 months. And I have more chickens, 9 of them, but they are 2 months old and I do not know how my hen would react to them if I add some with her.

Thank you for the help. The thing is, I have one hen with three roosters (I know, horrible ratio) and I do not want to take away the hen because I worry the three roosters will start fighting each other.

That's a really rough ratio on the hen... they'd be less likely to fight in most cases if she wasn't there, because they're mainly fighting over the right to mate her.

Back
Top Bottom