Hen in Time Out

Big Doggie

Songster
Mar 23, 2020
Mass
A bully hen is now in a cage with food and water. She’s in the run but not pecking a bottom level hen right now. I’m not sure if a time out will change her behavior or if it will change the leadership of the flock. But I have to give the bottom hen a break. She has no back feathers and has a bald spot on top of her head.
So how much time in jail is usually necessary?
Thanks for your help

What you are describing sounds a lot like feather pecking/plucking. If the time out does not work, try Pin Less Peepers for a period of time. Do an on site search on Pin Less Peepers. They can be used to break this bad habit.

What you are describing sounds a lot like feather pecking/plucking. If the time out does not work, try Pin Less Peepers for a period of time. Do an on site search on Pin Less Peepers. They can be used to break this bad habit.
Thanks. I really have to rescue this hen.

Sourland, have you tried this product and does the bullying subside after a week?

If it is feather pecking/plucking, the Pin Less Peepers should not be removed until the pecked on bird has regrown her feathers.

I have always been able to provide enough space and free range that I have never had this problem. I know others who have used the product effectively with excellent results.

Back
Top Bottom