Hen is attacking Rooster

Ok I'll give it a shot. Do you have any idea as to why this has happend? Is it just a random thing that's happend?
My guess is he probably pushed her to her limit one day and she ran him off, which taught her she’s bigger and can get her way, now she is a tyrant. She needs some losses to get her back to normal. For me, I have a very big roo who has a large harem. If I put a cranky girl with them, she normally loses her inflated ego pretty quickly, but the male also needs time to get his confidence back. Luckily with quail, they can reset in just a day or so. I find they even look smaller when they’ve lost confidence, and larger when they super self assured, probably due to posture and feather fluffing.

I had a hen who decided she hated males after she went broody. She raised her chicks in her feminist ways too. She and her daughters attacked the male I put them with. I've since put them with a few tougher males in a large coop. They sort of tolerate them, but they still show the boys who's boss.
I seriously debated this but it's so uncommon for them to go broody that I just felt it had to be another reason. She has become oddly tame towards me. She doesn't mind if I pick her up whereas her sister is as feral as ever haha. How did she act when she went broody aside from the agression?

I've had a hen do something similar, accept she went after all the other birds not just the rooster. I sepersted her out for a week and things were ok when I put her back in. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
My guess is he probably pushed her to her limit one day and she ran him off, which taught her she’s bigger and can get her way, now she is a tyrant. She needs some losses to get her back to normal. For me, I have a very big roo who has a large harem. If I put a cranky girl with them, she normally loses her inflated ego pretty quickly, but the male also needs time to get his confidence back. Luckily with quail, they can reset in just a day or so. I find they even look smaller when they’ve lost confidence, and larger when they super self assured, probably due to posture and feather fluffing.
She is actually twice his size.. they both are, he's a very small roo. Should I isolate her in low light to keep her calm or would that just freak her out? I have a dimmer for their light when I hear or catch her going crazy I remove her for a few hours and dim the lights for the other 2 to try and calm them down

Update::

I've noticed she will not let him breed her now I had free time today so I watched them secretly for an hour or so. I'm seeing signs that hes actually starting to slightly over breed the other hen. She had more feathers missing from her head than she usually does (not serious but its a noticble change). I think 2 hens is his perfect ratio and now he only has access to one.. I think I'm starting to piece this together finnaly!

I seriously debated this but it's so uncommon for them to go broody that I just felt it had to be another reason. She has become oddly tame towards me. She doesn't mind if I pick her up whereas her sister is as feral as ever haha. How did she act when she went broody aside from the agression?

I wasn't trying to say she's broody. She most likely isn't. I was just commenting on the fact that I have some mean girls too.

Update:::

Alright thanks to you all I've finnaly got this fixed haha!!

I put her in isolation for a whole week, not a couple days but a week. I think one person mentioned that they reset haha that's exactly what this feels like.

One thing I will say though is I'm not sure if it's the male or her but one of them is making this almost nonstop really low purring sound they've been almost shoulder touching close since I put her back in..

I really appreciate all of your help maybe they're little trio can keep going a little longer.

Another thing: Even though he wasn't getting any when I took her out the Roo crowed nonstop for the whole day XD he was maaaadd hahaha!!

Completely unrelated but I just got a shipment of button quail eggs in omg there so TINY!!!
I heard they were the size of bees when they hatched I believe it now!

This is going to be interesting..

I had a hen who decided she hated males after she went broody. She raised her chicks in her feminist ways too. She and her daughters attacked the male I put them with. I've since put them with a few tougher males in a large coop. They sort of tolerate them, but they still show the boys who's boss.
Omg amazon quails

Completely unrelated but I just got a shipment of button quail eggs in omg there so TINY!!!
I heard they were the size of bees when they hatched I believe it now!

This is going to be interesting..
Born Friday button quail

Attachments

• 20210301_195200.jpg
    20210301_195200.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom