hen is not pooping not going to make it through the night

i'm sorry for being so crazy..i just really think i'm going to lose her and i hate wtching something die. i looked for those link that described the egg bound and internal egg stuff and they arent there now..how do i get bck to them

the poo and egg come out of the same hole. but from different places inside her body, I would bring her inside, If you decide to soak her the reason being they say it helps them to relax and if theres an egg in there it might just come out. but don't put her back outside wet, it would be best just to make her a quiet place in the house. I am going to be honest it doesn't sound good, the egg wouldn't be red or fleshy but if she's straining to push an egg out your just seeing the inside of her vent. sometimes when a hen lays an overly large egg they can get whats called prolapse that means part of the inside can come outside. thats not what you have but what your seeing is the part that would come out most likely, so don't do anything else as far as trying to feel up inside her vent. I have never had to deal with an egg bound hen so I am giving to advise from what I have read on here..... this is very much an emergency

Last edited:
lol..i have a glove on silly...lol doesnt bother me. so it is ok aslong as i dont break it...is it going to be hard inside like it is after it comes out?

at I mean is feel on the outside of her body not inside.Feel down between he pelvic bones close to her vent do you feel anything hard? on the outside of her body

Last edited:
ok so i am starting to calm down and think. what you all are saying is starting to make sense. I have her in a warm water bath and she seems to be liking it.....but she is very lathargic and hard to tell anything. I dont feel anything hard. Her whole underneath is very squishy ...like there as alot of fluid in there....ALOT.

Last edited:
Quote:
Take her to an avian vet if you're not willing to drain the underneath. I just searched speckledhen's posts (she's dealt with this a lot, as I've said before) and found a picture of a jar full of purple liquid drained. It's disgusting. That stuff needs to come out.

Quote:
Thank god!
lol.png

.I am at a loss for what else to do. Just don't let the water cool that could make her chill and add to her problems. I don't know about draining her like PepsNick is talking about, He could be right, Maybe you should PM speckled hen and talk to her about this before going any further. Has PepsNick ever drained a hen before? maybe he could walk you through it. Maybe an egg had broken inside of her and she has an infection, it is just hard to know.

ok....pm speckled hen? how do i do that. And yes i am willing to try draining stuff. As you can see i have no clue what i am doing. Poor girl, i have been pokin and prading her joint who who and who ha..lol i feel bad for her. How do i get a hold of this speckled hen lady and learn how to drian this thing?

Back
Top Bottom