Hen is Wobbly and Lethargic

Mareks disease is a possibility with the imbalance and curled toes. But there are other possibilities as well. Does she have more weakness in one leg? Vitamins including riboflavin (B2) would be good to give, in case of a deficiency which may cause walking on hocks and curled under toes.

Sorry for the late update, I was waiting a bit to make sure I could give an accurate one.

Outstanding news; She pulled out of it just fine! I can't tell what it was, but I'm glad to say it wasn't merek's. Her legs were never keeping her from walking; it was some neurological damaged she received from a still-unknown source. She is still recovering, but she walk without stumbling at all now: a complete 180 from how she was before. She can do pretty much everything normally now, though I need to reintroduce her to the flock slowly. I'll keep her on some more antibiotics and vitamins as she recovers. Thank you for all the feedback!

Sorry for the late update, I was waiting a bit to make sure I could give an accurate one.

Outstanding news; She pulled out of it just fine! I can't tell what it was, but I'm glad to say it wasn't merek's. Her legs were never keeping her from walking; it was some neurological damaged she received from a still-unknown source. She is still recovering, but she walk without stumbling at all now: a complete 180 from how she was before. She can do pretty much everything normally now, though I need to reintroduce her to the flock slowly. I'll keep her on some more antibiotics and vitamins as she recovers. Thank you for all the feedback!

Great news! Thank you for the update!!

Back
Top Bottom