Hen killed rooster question

viperdragon

Hatching
8 Years
May 22, 2011
Hey all not new to the site but new to posting. My wife decided to adopt a rooster without asking me. I did everything i could think of to introduce him to them. He was inside for a week to make sure he didn't have anything wrong with him. I put him out in a cage for a week so my hens could get use to him. They still tried to fight him but not just one different one every time i check on him. They settled down so i started letting him out for a couple times a day and thought they were doing good then i went out the other morning and found him dead and he had no marks on him before he died. Why you think they killed him. Forgot to add they are a mixed flock and he was a bantam.

if the hens killed him you'd know it..... he'd be a mess........ a chicken isn't real neat when on the attack.... your roo had other issues....

Your hens didn't kill the rooster. There would be a bloody mess. He had died from something else. I have the same problem. Birds die without a cause. You can cut him open and see. But I say what killed him was something in the area like a virus. If you can provide way more information. Weather..etc...stuff like that. Unless you have chicken assassin that somehow learned how to get behind a rooster and snap his neck then it was environmental. Its generally a pain in the butt to introduce new to a flock. Especially males. I had introduced new 2 new hens to a flock....took them 3 months to get along. Even now they are still chasing others around.

Back
Top Bottom