Hen laying deformed eggs

Jan 1, 2020
Eastern North Carolina, USA
I have a Heritage Rhode Island Red hen that is all of a sudden laying deformed eggs, she is supposedly 1 year old from the breeder I got her from and she is on Purina layer chicken food. She layed a fairy egg two days ago and the next egg was normal and now today she has layed an oddly shaped egg. She has layed odd shaped eggs before but it was pretty minor and had started laying normal eggs, should I be concerned and what could be causing it?

Attachments

• 188C7211-F799-46E3-921A-89DF1C1FF4A4.jpeg
    188C7211-F799-46E3-921A-89DF1C1FF4A4.jpeg
    642.2 KB · Views: 51
They don't look too bad. I probably wouldn't be concerned unless you are planning on breeding her to a good RIR rooster and continue the line..
I’ve actually hatched chicks from her already, her eggs were perfect when I hatched from her. Just curious as to why it started happening again, I thought it was just a one time thing to begin with but she has started doing it again.

I have a Heritage Rhode Island Red hen that is all of a sudden laying deformed eggs, she is supposedly 1 year old from the breeder I got her from and she is on Purina layer chicken food. She layed a fairy egg two days ago and the next egg was normal and now today she has layed an oddly shaped egg. She has layed odd shaped eggs before but it was pretty minor and had started laying normal eggs, should I be concerned and what could be causing it?
Man that’s nothing! She’ll be fine. I used to have a friend who’s hen laid eggs that were shaped like curved gourds!! They were the coolest things ever but I’m sure the girlie probably had a hard time.

Back
Top Bottom