Hen limping

Kristyh119

Songster
Nov 18, 2017
South jersey
636FB427-7DAC-4109-A2E9-A4EA5C4557CF.jpeg
4CA18417-B477-41EF-9038-99EE05A16F09.jpeg
I went out do this morning and my 1 year old ee hen was limping. She usually wants nothing to do with me and is one of my most antisocial hens. She limped right over to me, so I brought her inside and soaked her feet in some warm water. I see maybe a little scab? Any ideas of how to help her would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I soaked her foot in epsome salt, then sprayed vetracyin on it, added neosporin, and wrapped it. Is doing that for the foreseeable future ok? Or should I just bite the bullet and cut it out? She is still getting around but is taking easy. When I let them out to free range before bed she came out for a few minutes but then went back in the coop. She got into the nest box tonight instead of on the roost. I left her there since it seem like that might be easier on her foot.

I soaked her foot in epsome salt, then sprayed vetracyin on it, added neosporin, and wrapped it. Is doing that for the foreseeable future ok? Or should I just bite the bullet and cut it out? She is still getting arouYnd but is taking easy. When I let them out to free range before bed she came out for a few minutes but then went back in the coop. She got into the nest box tonight instead of on the roost. I left her there since it seem like that might be easier on her foot.
You have to take it out, it's only going to get bigger and much more painful

Back
Top Bottom