Hen looks like she's choking

Stevan

Chirping
Aug 8, 2022
I'm not sure what's wrong with our hen, but she puts her neck up in the air, breathes through her mouth and then screams. It's been going on for about 15 minutes, can anyone help? I can't see anything in her throat and her abdomen feels normal, plus can't smell anything from her mouth

Can you post a video uploaded to YouTube or a similar platform? How does her crop feel—empty and flat, full, hard, doughy, or puffy? Is she twisting her neck around some?

Can you post a video uploaded to YouTube or a similar platform? How does her crop feel—empty and flat, full, hard, doughy, or puffy? Is she twisting her neck around some?
Her crop is normal, like the rest of the flock. But she doesn't twist her neck anymore than usual.

Have you wormed her recently? Can you look into her beak and throat with a flashlight for anything yellow or unusual while someone holds her? Does she do any coughing or sneezing?

Have you wormed her recently? Can you look into her beak and throat with a flashlight for anything yellow or unusual while someone holds her? Does she do any coughing or sneezing?
I think she just swallowed something a bit too big, she's perfectly normal now😅

Back
Top Bottom