Hen losing feathers around neck? Not moulting. (Pics attached)

Hensii

Chirping
Dec 29, 2021
Bahrain-Middle East
My 3yo hen has been losing her feathers. It's summer so it can't be a moult can it? She already molted on December.

It's very hot 95 F around here but my hen (blind) is an indoors hen with a fan on high speed next to her ( she somehow still gets hot otherwise) so it cant be the weather.

It's not because of preening. The feathers just fall out, mostly the very tiny barely formed ones. She lives alone in a cage so not bullying either. There are also some white fluffs around her neck.

20220520_070948.jpg
20220520_070945.jpg

Last edited:
Is it possible she's rubbing it against something?
The white fluff looks like new feathering, I wouldn't worry to much if she's well other than the lost feathers. I'm thinking it maybe a weather/heat related issue.

Waiting to see what others think ...

Is it possible she's rubbing it against something?
The white fluff looks like new feathering, I wouldn't worry to much if she's well other than the lost feathers. I'm thinking it maybe a weather/heat related issue.

Waiting to see what others think ...
She's not rubbing it against anything and she's fine apart from that.

My 3yo hen has been losing her feathers. It's summer so it can't be a moult can it? She already molted on December.

It's very hot 95 F around here but my hen (blind) is an indoors hen with a fan on high speed next to her ( she somehow still gets hot otherwise) so it cant be the weather.

It's not because of preening. The feathers just fall out, mostly the very tiny barely formed ones. She lives alone in a cage so not bullying either. There are also some white fluffs around her neck.

View attachment 3115594View attachment 3115595
Any ideas, anyone?

Back
Top Bottom