Hen lost for 7 days.. found, but not standing.

Quote:
From what I know about Mareks, I don't believe that it is it. At least, seeing her up close and personal. Yes, she is in a quiet darkish area. Very cool idea about the chicken chair! Thank you!

Seems that someone here had a roo that got stuck hanging upside down by one leg from a feeder here and it took awhile for the muscles and ligaments to come around. She's eating good so that's good. She must just be severely dehydrated, especially being underneath a tarp.

That was so neat. I emailed it to friends

My chicken is standing! she's not ready to some out of the box yet... she thinks so.. but not quite..

Quote:
X2. Also, physical therapy from you where you help her to stand and allow her to hold herself up but help balance her for a little bit until she needs to lower herself again. This will help with leg strength.

Thanks. I was wondering if I should do anything else. I think the upper leg rubs helped.. but I don't know..

you could try getting her to walk through water?
Like they do with dogs and horses with injured legs
The water supports some of their body weight but also provides some resistance to movement so they can exercise their legs without downward pressure.

Back
Top Bottom