Hen making Gurgling sounds (occasionally)

Chick3nLover

Songster
Mar 15, 2022
Hi y’all! I just got back from a 3 day trip, and one of my hens seems to be making a weird noise. I remember her making a weird noise about a year ago, and found out she was just adjusting her crop. Could this be the same thing? She almost sounds like she is gurgling something in her throat, then stops. I’m not sure at all what this is, so I need advice.

When I heard her make this noise, I immediately put VetRX into my flocks water (just in case of respiratory) and sovereign silver for general immune support.

Only odd things I know of that are new to my flock, are: a little bit of mold I found in their coop on the top support beams (which I am trying to treat), me going away for 3 days, and just general seasonal changes.

She still walks around to follow me, eats and drinks, not sure about egg laying, (my whole flock had been in strike for fall and and beginning of winter) they have just recently started again. Just a little worried, and want my sweet Lacy to be okay. Thank you!❤️

Can you get a video of the sound she is making? Can you feel of her crop and tell us if it is empty or full, soft/puffy, doughy, or firm/hard? Then check it again early in the morning before she eats or drinks. Sometimes accidentally squeezing the crop when handling can push food back up into the throat.

Back
Top Bottom