Hen not doing well overall *videos*

I tried bringing Pink outside with me to weed again and see if that would perk her up. She just stood in the corner of her pen puffed up with her eyes closed. She is still drinking water but is no longer eating. I'm not seeing any more improvement and I'm really worried🥺
I brought in another girl last night who is not doing so well. She is better than Pink was, eating like crazy! But I believe I am seeing dried dead worms and possible intestinal lining in her poop. The worms are very thin and less than an inch. I also believe I saw one on an egg yesterday because they look the exact same as the ones in this poo. The egg shell was clean, it just had this weird dried stiff thread like thing I believe to be a dead worm. The fecal results said round worms, and I did find one 2"-3" dead round worm outside when I was deworming. Could I also be dealing with something else that the fecal missed?
Here are 2 pics, one of the bantam's poop and one of the EE's egg.
GridArt_20220519_105841247.jpg
GridArt_20220519_105932160.jpg

So her poop is clear of roundworm eggs and they say it's probably the same for the rest of the flock!
The vet suggested we test for mycoplasma so we will get those results hopefully in the next week. She also started us on a 3 week course of tylosin.
I am thinking to keep Pink separate so I can be 100% sure she is drinking enough and getting better. But I worry about reintegration after that amount of time.

Back
Top Bottom