Hen not eating since Suprelorin implant

I recently took this hen to the vet again. The vet observed that the hen has lost more weight. While the vet was taking blood samples from the hen, the vet found that the hen has a lump in its oesophagus that is probably causing it pain. So, the vet said to not tube-feed the hen any more and to only feed the hen with soft foods. I am using mushy chick crumbles (blended and not blended), but it is too early to say whether or not the hen is actually eating enough of it.
The blood samples were very expensive to get tested and this resulted in me getting my biggest vet bill ever. The vet said that she wants to see the hen again in two weeks for an all-day visit so that the hen can be monitored during that time. I don't yet know how much that will cost, if it happens.
Hopefully the hen's illness is not related to the hen's hutch being constantly covered in wild bird droppings, or the fact that the floor of the hutch has some of the hen's droppings on it, which would probably be hard to clean off.

My goodness, blood work can be extremely expensive, I'm hopeful the results will give you more answers. Sending positive energy your way that she will eat well for you. When will you have the results?

My goodness, blood work can be extremely expensive, I'm hopeful the results will give you more answers. Sending positive energy your way that she will eat well for you. When will you have the results?
Thank you. I'm not sure when the results will come in.

I'll clean the hutch tomorrow, even if it is too little, too late now.

The results for the blood test came back not long ago; they were normal.

I cleaned the hen's hutch, and I'm glad that I did, because I discovered a big hole in the wire on the floor of the hutch. I have covered the hole with a brick for the time being.

The hen is still eating and I think that she's doing okay right now.

The results for the blood test came back not long ago; they were normal.

I cleaned the hen's hutch, and I'm glad that I did, because I discovered a big hole in the wire on the floor of the hutch. I have covered the hole with a brick for the time being.

The hen is still eating and I think that she's doing okay right now.

That is wonderful news. Good blood work and eating! Awesome! :)

Back
Top Bottom