Hen or drakes?

Donut is a drake as well. Did you get them from Tractor Supply? They say straight run but lots of people sure seem to end up with more boys than girls from them. Anyway, you need to start planning what you are going to do. One girl with three boys could very well end up with her death.
We got them from runnings and tractor supply. I’m a first time duck mom and desperately need advice…what can I do to keep her safe? Is there anyway to keep them all?

We got them from runnings and tractor supply. I’m a first time duck mom and desperately need advice…what can I do to keep her safe? Is there anyway to keep them all?
Not together all the time. When the boys hormones are at there highest, it would not be good. You could separate them and put her with the most gentle drake and the other two boys together. But, you wouldn’t want the two boys to be able to see her or they might still fight. You could rehome only your girl and keep an all drake flock. Or, you could get a lot more girls. The recommendation is 5-6 per male, but it doesn’t guarantee everyone gets along.

Donut Drake. Daisy Drake. Bonnie Hen. Meme Drake. It's meme best guess! You may consider rehoming! or getting more mature hens and integrating them into your flock.

Donut is a drake as well. Did you get them from Tractor Supply? They say straight run but lots of people sure seem to end up with more boys than girls from them. Anyway, you need to start planning what you are going to do. One girl with three boys could very well end up with her death.
Morning All...my ducklings hatched 2 weeks ago, I have 9 and I am terrified to be in this situation. You grow such a strong bond with them the first few months and then have to decide who to sell or rehome. It breaks my heart.

Are the males only "aggressive" a certain time of year, spring? Or do the hormones get high multiple times a year?

Duckmomma45- they are beautiful!!!!! Such sweet creatures. (but messy-lol)

Back
Top Bottom