Hen or Henry

Very nice looking birds, light brahmas are on my wish list. I've heard awesome things about their temperments....how are your's?
frow.gif

Hmmm... Thoes sure do look like sickle feathers on their rears... I say you have three lovely roosters in the last picture there. Especially if they are 16 weekes old... hens have round feathers on their necks and sides.

Omeletta, mine seem to be well behaved so far. My old roo keeps all of them in check for the most part right now. They haven't figured out that they are all bigger than him.

I had a nice lt. brahma that hatched out several batches of chicks. She was a sweet girl. Fuzzy Legs was her name. Creative huh?
But then there was that evil roo. He was always attacking from the back. Notice I speak of him in the past tense.
roll.png

Well...With yours at 16 weeks........I went out and studied my hens verses the rooster ...I'm changing my thoughts to you have 3 roosters, just by looking at those pointy saddle feathers ....my girls all have rounded feathers....Let us know if they crow soon....

I doubt they will be around long to do any crowing. That makes 7 roos to 4 girls. Anybody looking for Brahmas? I am really starting to not believe the old man and his magnet at the feed store. He is 3 for 9.

Brahmas are nice birds and lay really well...sorry they might be roosters...but put a sign up at the feedstore and put a price on them...I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting rid of Light Brahmas...I have 9 hens to 1 rooster...

All three of them are roosters, I am 100% sure.

They all have pointed saddle feathers and they have WAY too much comb growth to be females. The females will not have red combs till they start laying, which is late, about 7 months old.

Back
Top Bottom