hen or roo Black Copper Marans

Sally8

Songster
8 Years
Dec 11, 2011
Hornby,NY
I have 9 BCM youngsters and 2 EE/BCM. I'm thinking that 6 are roo's and the other 5 are hens. I snapped a couple of photo's. I know they aren't the best but anyone have any idea's? I was told when they either crowed or laid an egg then I would know. That's gotten a little old. lol I have noticed some of their combs were much darker red than others. Does that mean anything where gender is concerned? Thank you all. sue

I think all the birds pictured are roosters. How old are they?

I'm thinking 5 months, give or take a little. I'm not at home to look it up. I thought all 6 were roo's but DH says no. I'll try to get more pic's later this afternoon. Thanks.

It pains me to post that I also see mostly roo's. when I incubate my own, nearly 75% are always girls but these were lovingly sat on by my sizzle. Go figure. So, I have 9 BCM and I'm thinking6 will have to go. Ugh!

It pains me to post that I also see mostly roo's. when I incubate my own, nearly 75% are always girls but these were lovingly sat on by my sizzle. Go figure. So, I have 9 BCM and I'm thinking6 will have to go. Ugh!
You're not coming to Ohio any time soon, are you? I'd take a couple!
big_smile.png

(Can't pay shipping, though. Sorry.)

Code:
You're not coming to Ohio any time soon, are you? I'd take a couple! :D

(Can't pay shipping, though. Sorry.)

I have an uncle that usually comes out for deer season. (Nov). He lives near the top middle Ohio. I'll check with him before I do anything with them. You could have as many as you like, if it works out. sue

Back
Top Bottom