Hen or Roo

Giggles Chicks

Chirping
May 26, 2016
Palm Bay, Florida
I bought this Welsummer as a pullet. It is 6months now. I'm questioning the sex because of the large comb. It's afraid of everything, has not crowed like a roo and is smaller than the rest. Does anyone have an opinion?

Sorry, im new here and cant figure out how to post anything? Im trying to figure out if my chick is a pullet or rooster. She-he is a white orpigton i think and is 16 wks in this pic. I was supposed to only have pulletts but ended up with definately 2 roo's and maybe this one too? She-he is biggest one but i havent heard her crowing at all -the other 2 roo's crow a lot.

Sorry, im new here and cant figure out how to post anything? Im trying to figure out if my chick is a pullet or rooster. She-he is a white orpigton i think and is 16 wks in this pic. I was supposed to only have pulletts but ended up with definately 2 roo's and maybe this one too? She-he is biggest one but i havent heard her crowing at all -the other 2 roo's crow a lot.
That's a White Wyandotte. It's hard to tell because Wyandottes are hen-feathered to a lesser degree. I can't tell by the picture if there's any saddle/sickle feathers.

Thanks. Yeah i meant white wyandotte. I have both a get them confused. I'm still hoping she's a female otherwise im going to have to get rid of one.

Giggles--You have a pretty Brown Leghorn pullet. The coloring is identical to a Welsummer, but your girl has the white earlobes of a Leghorn. Plus, the smaller body size and larger comb. Bad news is, no dark terra cotta eggs from her
sad.png
. Good news is, she'll likely outlay anyone else you have
smile.png
, and eat less doing so.

aizzarra, I'm pretty sure your white Wyandotte is a cockerel. White birds are hard to photograph, but I"m thinking I"m seeing saddle feathers. Plus, that's really too much comb for a Wyandotte pullet at that age. A closer pic of the bird, especially the saddle area, would confirm.

And

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom