Hen or Roo?

Hen or roo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chickenlady7770

Chirping
Mar 1, 2018
IMG_4643.JPG
OK ladies and gents, is this a hen or a roo? Please forgive the awkward way I'm holding it, lol.
This poor little thing is the runt, 12 days old. Let's just say I had a very bad first incubating experience, only two survivors.... it's only half the size of the other one that was born 12 hours before it. And it's just now starting to get a few feathers!

Much too young. Post photos when it's 8-12 weeks.
X2
Also, for his gender assessment a photo should show the bird in a natural, standing position ....taken from the side and show the whole bord with no hands, etc blocking any part of the bird. Setting the bird in a three sided box is seen easy way to get good pictures

What a cute little chick!
It is still too young to tell for sure, but I vote cockerel. His slow feather development is perfectly normal for males. Roosters grow much slower than hens. He also has large, thick legs and a fairly visible comb already. If you can post some updated pictures of the other chick, I might be able to help you with its gender too.

What a cute little chick!
It is still too young to tell for sure, but I vote cockerel. His slow feather development is perfectly normal for males. Roosters grow much slower than hens. He also has large, thick legs and a fairly visible comb already. If you can post some updated pictures of the other chick, I might be able to help you with its gender too.
Thank you! :)

Back
Top Bottom