Hen or roo?

The older roosters are friendly with each other, we have had them for almost three years now and nothing happened, they used to fight a bit at first but now they're peaceful 😅 my guess is that they divided the place among them 😟 is there any other thing I can do but rehoming? I'm afraid I live in the city so rehoming won't really be an option 🤷🏻‍♀️ and I don't want them slaughtered 😟
There are a few other solutions:
-More hens! Try to find adults, and if you do, make sure to quarantine them. You could also order sexed chicks from a hatchery!
-Bachelor pad! If you give the roosters their own coop and run with no hens, maybe keep one with the hens (probably the best one) the roosters will not fight when there are no hens to fight over.

There are a few other solutions:
-More hens! Try to find adults, and if you do, make sure to quarantine them. You could also order sexed chicks from a hatchery!
-Bachelor pad! If you give the roosters their own coop and run with no hens, maybe keep one with the hens (probably the best one) the roosters will not fight when there are no hens to fight over.

I can try them 😟 but there is no chance to have him not fighting the older ones by introducing ? I thought it would be fine if he grew up with them 😟

I can try them 😟 but there is no chance to have him not fighting the older ones by introducing ? I thought it would be fine if he grew up with them 😟
There is certainly a chance as the older ones may teach him how to behave, but overall I think that you have too many roos to hens. Any integration is rocky, but you could try it.

There is certainly a chance as the older ones may teach him how to behave, but overall I think that you have too many roos to hens. Any integration is rocky, but you could try it.
I never give any away 😅 I get so attached and when they grow up I just can't tbh since the only giving away option I have is having them killed for meat and I can't see myself doing that 😟 but Tysm! I'll try all the options you mentioned and hopefully it will work out 🥰

Back
Top Bottom