Hen or Roo ?

Thank you ! I do think the darker brown ones are hens and also #2 as she doesn’t have a comb at all yet but I am brand new ! I keep getting contradicting information. Is it true only Roos can have red tones on their wings ?
Some females will, but most often it's seen on males. Mixed bred males will often have bright blocks of colors.

I’ve been told males have pointed feathers and hens rounded if that’s the case only one other besides the white ones all have rounded feathers is that true ? I need eggs or crowing ASAP LOL
Some females will, but most often it's seen on males. Mixed bred males will often have bright blocks of colors.

Hey guys ! The one marked #1 became a man today and started crowing 🤣🤣 he seems to be better at it than my first roo so far !

I think 6 and 7 are the only pullets. #2 looks suspiciously cockerel despite the smaller comb - colouration is bright for a pullet of that age. Can you get a clearer photo of its comb?

It depends on the red, but the deep vibrant red patches are typically a good indicator of a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom