Hen or roo

Of course!
Try hand feeding her dried meal worms. ;):lol:
If she's too scared to take them form your hand, throw a little a few feet in front of you.
Then hopefull, she will slowly come around.
Hope so, she is a very vigorous eater she will go for the food containers or try to get your legs like a rooster would so thatā€™s what had me worried. I know some chickens like to jump up towards food I just never had one act like that yet so itā€™s a new experience. All I have is time. to work with her. How ever long it takes.

Hope so, she is a very vigorous eater she will go for the food containers or try to get your legs like a rooster would so thatā€™s what had me worried. I know some chickens like to jump up towards food I just never had one act like that yet so itā€™s a new experience. All I have is time. to work with her. How ever long it takes.
Wow, she does seem quite feisty! Lol
Let me know how her training goes!

This chicken was given to me with 4 other roosters. But this one seem to stand out not having to much roo characteristics so I have held onto it until I know for sure what I have. Can someone help me out. If this is cockerel or pullet. Slow to mature or if itā€™s just a mean pullet. And that maybe why they got rid of her/him. They said it didnā€™t meet show standards. I know itā€™s a backyard mix. So Iā€™m not worried on breed. So if anyone can help me out that would be great. Thank you for your time
Personally, I would guess thatā€™s a pullet. The tail development looks like itā€™s on path with my pullets- they appear to be similar in age. There is also a lack of those pretty saddle feathers that you will begin to see in roosters around that age. I have a pullet who is a biter- they are just mean sometimes.

Personally, I would guess thatā€™s a pullet. The tail development looks like itā€™s on path with my pullets- they appear to be similar in age. There is also a lack of those pretty saddle feathers that you will begin to see in roosters around that age. I have a pullet who is a biter- they are just mean sometimes.
My top hen donā€™t mess around she see the white pullet acting up she handles it she is very protective over me šŸ˜‚ but regardless Iā€™ll still work with her and do my best to be civil with each other while Iā€™m in the run and coop area. I usually just try to distract her with food while Iā€™m in there sometimes it works other times it donā€™t.

My top hen donā€™t mess around she see the white pullet acting up she handles it she is very protective over me šŸ˜‚ but regardless Iā€™ll still work with her and do my best to be civil with each other while Iā€™m in the run and coop area. I usually just try to distract her with food while Iā€™m in there sometimes it works other times it donā€™t.
Yeah, mine accepts food and stuff, she just dislikes being handled. She was fine when she was little, but itā€™s like a little switch went off and she stopped jumping into my lap and letting me pet her. She doesnā€™t attack me, she just bites at my hand if I put it too close to her lol. The other four all enjoy being picked up and cuddled, so I donā€™t really know what happened with her haha. Sometimes, they just donā€™t like people, which is okay. Good on you for trying for her though! Iā€™ve tried hand feeding Rolo, but she usually just goes for my hands, completely ignoring the food. Sheā€™s pretty though, I guess sheā€™s just my ornamental.

Yeah, mine accepts food and stuff, she just dislikes being handled. She was fine when she was little, but itā€™s like a little switch went off and she stopped jumping into my lap and letting me pet her. She doesnā€™t attack me, she just bites at my hand if I put it too close to her lol. The other four all enjoy being picked up and cuddled, so I donā€™t really know what happened with her haha. Sometimes, they just donā€™t like people, which is okay. Good on you for trying for her though! Iā€™ve tried hand feeding Rolo, but she usually just goes for my hands, completely ignoring the food. Sheā€™s pretty though, I guess sheā€™s just my ornamental.
Mine is the same way she would rather bite my hand than to take the food. Or she will hide behind me from the other hens and then when the coast is clear she will bite my leg. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

Mine is the same way she would rather bite my hand than to take the food. Or she will hide behind me from the other hens and then when the coast is clear she will bite my leg. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
This! They are so funny sometimes. I still love the little dork, despite her interesting method of returning my love. She likes to stare at me, so I guess thatā€™s something. Not sure if itā€™s a ā€œIā€™m going to kill you in your sleepā€ stare, or ā€œI like you but I refuse to admit itā€ stare. Either way, itā€™s entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom