Hen or roo???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kyrose, Sep 2, 2013.

1. kyrose

kyrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    Hello,i rescued this little guy(i think)from a bad situation,but now that im getting a better look im thinking roo.Im also thing easter egger,but not positive? Sorry the pics ar not that great,but he wasnt cooperating.Any guesses?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    He's an EE cockerel.

3. kyrose

kyrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    Thats what i figured.I cant have any more roo's..[​IMG] We have a fair here where chickens are thrown out into a fenced area and children are allowed to chase and catch them.I think its barbaric!! The person who brought me the 2 her kids caught didnt have a clue what to do with them!!! The ee roo is very thin and both chickens had totally empty crops.[​IMG] and this is backed by the future farmers of america...

4. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    I'd talk to the fair administration and politely explain to them your experience.

Someone should care and listen if you are polite and persistent.
    Lady of McCamley

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Agree he looks like an Easter Egger rooster. Calling and writing the Fair Board about how you got them and the condition the chickens were in is a good idea. I would also write the FFA state and national association, I can't believe they thought that was a good idea.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by