Hen or Roo's Please help (5 chickens)

Queen Elizabeth

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 29, 2013
Long Island, NY
I'm pretty sure at least 2 of these are roosters but I'm starting to think that all but 1 may be roosters. It's so hard to figure out a few of them. The big barred rock was born the 1st week in June. The other 4 were born on the 4th of July. The smaller barred chicken is suppose to be an easter egger???? I'm a first time chicken owner and I am totally confused. Please help. Thank you for your time. :)

Last edited:
Your Mille Fleur D'Uccle is a pullet. The rest all look like roosters to me. They're getting pointed saddles and hackles, and for the ones who aren't their combs are too big and red for their age (about 2-3 months, right?)

I'm pretty sure at least 2 of these are roosters but I'm starting to think that all but 1 may be roosters. It's so hard to figure out a few of them. The big barred rock was born the 1st week in June. The other 4 were born on the 4th of July. The smaller barred chicken is suppose to be an easter egger???? I'm a first time chicken owner and I am totally confused. Please help. Thank you for your time. :)
Mixed-breed cockerel.

Buff Orpington cockerel.

Belgian Bearded D'Uccle pullet.

Barred Plymouth Rock or mixed breed cockerel.

Mixed breed cockerel.

welcome-byc.gif

Your little mille fluer is your only girl. Sorry.

Is this 100% sure, because if that's the case I have find a home for them ASAP. I would hate to get rid of them if I don't have to. I think I'm in denial right now. Never thought I would get so attached. :(

Don't be sorry. I appreciate that you took the time to help me. Thank you. I had a few questions. 1. Can the Mille Fleur live alone for a while? 2. Is there a website that sells baby chics that can guarantee hens? (Unfortunately we were told that these were all hens) My kids are going to be so sad when they hear the news.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom