Hen or rooster?? I NEED HElP!

Roosters or hens???

• Rooster

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Hens

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
So they are only 6 weeks? When you got them on March 15, they were tiny chicks? Did you take pics then?

So they are only 6 weeks? When you got them on March 15, they were tiny chicks? Did you take pics then?
They were very tiny, I was told they were a week old when I purchased them. However I do not have any photos available of them when I first got them. I have some of them from 3 weeks ago if that helps any?

They were very tiny, I was told they were a week old when I purchased them
Well then they are only 6 or at most 7 weeks. Here's what my hen looked like at 6 weeks:
6 weeks.png 6 weeks old.png So now I don't think any of yours are female. ) :

Last edited:
One looks like a pullet, but it does look like you have more cockerels than pullets. Sorry :( That is one trouble with tractor supply chicks when its straight run.

One looks like a pullet, but it does look like you have more cockerels than pullets. Sorry :( That is one trouble with tractor supply chicks when its straight run.
Unfortunately, they were in a pulley bin. It is what it is. It's very sad I'm so attached to these little guys.

At 6 weeks, tail and back pics aren't going to tell you much. That person is wanting to look at the saddle feathers, but male and female saddle feathers don't start to come in until their 12 weeks or so.
I'm sorry to have to agree, that these are all male.

Back
Top Bottom