Hen or rooster??

Maggiet7790

Hatching
Aug 14, 2020
Born in March, we’ve had 9 since April. Very aggressive towards the other 8.
81AB7802-4FEA-4CF1-AF08-D29D30B786BF.jpeg
Hen or rooster...help!

Being almost 5 months old I would say hen. She would have started crowing ages ago if it were a roo. The girls I got in March just started laying so you should be getting eggs from her soon. Her comb and wattle are big and red because she is fully mature at this point. No pointy saddle feathers. She may be head hen. Which can make them bossy and aggressive toward the girls lower in the pecking order.

Being almost 5 months old I would say hen. She would have started crowing ages ago if it were a roo. The girls I got in March just started laying so you should be getting eggs from her soon. Her comb and wattle are big and red because she is fully mature at this point. No pointy saddle feathers. She may be head hen. Which can make them bossy and aggressive toward the girls lower in the pecking order.
It does crow from time to time but I’ve read that the Alpha ladies can do that too on occasion...none of our previous hens have ever crowed. But this one doesn’t seem to have the feathers so we’re confused!

Back
Top Bottom