Hen or rooster

I have one Wyandotte that I am unsure on Gender. It is seven weeks old, but the colors are so different compared to her sisters. The first picture it is far right. It has dark brown and light brown spots. It also has a very dark butt as you can see in the third picture. The comb is puffing way more than the others, but not very red. It might be a mix???
I see four male wyandottes in the first pic.

My 4 "hens" (??) are almost 22 weeks old and still not laying. While sitting quietly with them this afternoon, I suddenly wondered (with a touch of horror and embarrassment) could they be roosters?? I've attached pictures of my buff orpingtons and they look so different. Is Thelma actually a "Theo"? I have also attached a photo of all 4 of them. I've had them since they were 3 days old...super tame, cuddly, sweet although Louise (clearly a hen with no comb) is skittish. One of the barred rocks is doing that funny "squat and stomp" when I pet her. Hoping that suggests "she is a she" and will start laying soon? We are newbies in chicken world and appreciate your help (or reassurance??)

Attachments

• thelma.jpg
    thelma.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Louise.jpg
    Louise.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 5
  • four.jpg
    four.jpg
    756 KB · Views: 5
My 4 "hens" (??) are almost 22 weeks old and still not laying. While sitting quietly with them this afternoon, I suddenly wondered (with a touch of horror and embarrassment) could they be roosters?? I've attached pictures of my buff orpingtons and they look so different. Is Thelma actually a "Theo"? I have also attached a photo of all 4 of them. I've had them since they were 3 days old...super tame, cuddly, sweet although Louise (clearly a hen with no comb) is skittish. One of the barred rocks is doing that funny "squat and stomp" when I pet her. Hoping that suggests "she is a she" and will start laying soon? We are newbies in chicken world and appreciate your help (or reassurance??)
Those are all point of lay hens.

Yep, Thelma is a Thelma.
Eggs won't be long. Pretty birds you have there.

Back
Top Bottom