Hen or Rooster

OPA Acres

Chirping
Jun 1, 2021
This is a starlight green egger. We have 6 of them that are 5 months old and for the last 3 weeks I have brought in 5 eggs a day. This makes me think that someone isn't laying...

I've been arguing with myself for the last few weeks about whether this chicken is a rooster.. I go back and forth about whether those are saddle feathers or not. I have not witnessed it crowing or mating my hens.

The starlight green eggers have such a variety of feather patterns that comparing is hard.

Your opinions are appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210929_095056.jpg
    20210929_095056.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210929_095059.jpg
    20210929_095059.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 3
This is a starlight green egger. We have 6 of them that are 5 months old and for the last 3 weeks I have brought in 5 eggs a day. This makes me think that someone isn't laying...

I've been arguing with myself for the last few weeks about whether this chicken is a rooster.. I go back and forth about whether those are saddle feathers or not. I have not witnessed it crowing or mating my hens.

The starlight green eggers have such a variety of feather patterns that comparing is hard.

Your opinions are appreciated.

The birds pictured are female. Most chickens do not lay daily, so 5 eggs from 6 chickens is not unusual.😊
Did you mean to post more than 2 photos?

My Easter Egger lays every other day. You have been getting great egg collection. :)

Thank you! Good to know! I got my first egg from one of these girls at 14 weeks old, I had to double-check my math a few times. It just seemed crazy!

My Columbia Rocks don't lay until 20ish weeks - I've got about 30 Columbia Rocks that are 18 weeks and I'm still waiting on that first egg from those girls.

I do get a lot of double yolks from the Starlight Green Eggers

Wow Mine started laying at 24 weeks. Yours seem to be doing awesome. They must be very happy young ladies.

Back
Top Bottom