Hen or rooster ?

KristenE1011

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 15, 2018
Is this a hen or rooster? They are about 7 weeks and i orders pullets and to me she looks like a “he”, the rest don’t have pronounced combs and features . Out of all the chicks I have orders never had a rooster. I know it can happen so I’m not mad, never had a rooster before.
IMG_5257.jpeg

You are correct, that is a cockerel. Was it from a hatchery? That is some good luck if he is your first/only.

I would raise him up and see if he is a good rooster after his teenage hormones calm down.
Yes from a Hoover hatchery. I think over the years I’ve orders about 60 chicks and this is my first one. Yes and my plan is to keep him and just see what happens and if he’s not then I will just find him a new home

Yes from a Hoover hatchery. I think over the years I’ve orders about 60 chicks and this is my first one. Yes and my plan is to keep him and just see what happens and if he’s not then I will just find him a new home
That's great. Maybe you were getting sex-link or auto sexing breeds? I haven't had as great of luck with Hoovers.

Back
Top Bottom