Hen or rooster?

I haven't heard of a crow collar before, so I don't have any opinions on that.

A crow collar (or no-crow collar) is usually a strip of velcro that goes around the rooster's neck.

The idea is that if you tighten it just enough, he can still breathe normally but can't crow loudly because crowing takes more air.

The reality depends on who you ask. Some people say it works. Some people say it doesn't work. Some people have stories of roosters that died because they couldn't breathe well enough, or died from choking (because the rooster tried to eat a big piece of food, and the collar kept it from going down.)

I would guess that some of each kind of story are true, and that crow collars work in some cases but not others.

A crow collar (or no-crow collar) is usually a strip of velcro that goes around the rooster's neck.

The idea is that if you tighten it just enough, he can still breathe normally but can't crow loudly because crowing takes more air.

The reality depends on who you ask. Some people say it works. Some people say it doesn't work. Some people have stories of roosters that died because they couldn't breathe well enough, or died from choking (because the rooster tried to eat a big piece of food, and the collar kept it from going down.)

I would guess that some of each kind of story are true, and that crow collars work in some cases but not others.
Oh wow I would rather not risk it then.

Back
Top Bottom