Hen setting on 14 eggs

Its been cloudy this morning and cold so I havn't had a chance to come out to take pixs yet. I will in a few hours when its warmer out. Dun want my boys to catch the cold. Hehe

: )

- Tommy

excuses, excuses.
roll.png

Lol.

Nope, this is the link:

http://animalsinthecity2.webs.com/apps/photos/

Howd ya like them?

By the way, the last egg, did not hatch today either and the other eggs already hatched 2 days ago so I think its a gonna so what I did was, cracked it open.

To my suprize! The chicks still breathing, inside, jumping around! OMG! I felt like I killed it right after it was cracked open...
barnie.gif

he.gif

But the thing was, it didn't look like it would hatch anyday though, it only looked about, 16 day developed which is REALLY weird! Still...I felt REALLY REALLY bad...: (

- Tommy

Ummmm.....They are BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! I have to wait until Friday to see if I can even have THREE chicks!!!!!! Congratulations! Did you purchase cigars for the rooster to give away? Sorry about that last egg, but I think you should focus your attention on all the healthy, live chicks and keep jumping for joy.
smile.png
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Yeah...

Thats true huh? Focus on the healthy chicks. They are all doing so great! Moma hen is like, SUPER-great so far. Always there to feed them and keep them warm when they need it. I never though 18 could fit in her after I have seen it. They are SO fit that wow, can't tell there are any chicks under her! Haha

Half are bantams pretty much so yeah, they are small : )

All and all though, I still feel bad after what happened...but that chick wouldn't hatch anyways because it doesn't seem like it would hatch until like 5 more days and the moma hen would have gotten out of the nest by then...unlESS! I know ahead but I mean, I don't have x-ray vision. Hehe

I am still blessed with just one egg who didn't make out of 16 : )

- Tommy

I just candled again, and I'm afraid I'm down to two. What's odd is one of them looked really good last week and looks almost clear and infertile tonight! What's up with THAT? jmhappycowboy will sell me a couple of his April 5 hatch if none of Penny's eggs hatch so at least she will be rewarded for being such a great broody.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom