Hen showing signs of distress

Sorry for your loss. If her abdomen was full of fluid that can compress other organs (heart, lungs, etc) to a fatal degree, though in my experience with that much fluid in their belly they can't walk or roost well. Liver and heart disease are two potential causes of water belly, but given how young she was my best guess would be a genetic heart condition. Sometimes there is nothing you can do...

Sorry for your loss. If her abdomen was full of fluid that can compress other organs (heart, lungs, etc) to a fatal degree, though in my experience with that much fluid in their belly they can't walk or roost well. Liver and heart disease are two potential causes of water belly, but given how young she was my best guess would be a genetic heart condition. Sometimes there is nothing you can do...

Most likely that is it. To be safe I am treating w corid although her poo was yellowish and watery not bloody so the rest of the hens are getting Corid.

Back
Top Bottom