Hen sneezing and running nose

What do you recommend
Specific disease would have to be ID'd, so the right antibiotic could be used.
Tho many respiratory diseases will be carried forever, whether symptoms are present or not.
I personally won't use AB's and have only had mild respiratory disease in my flock.

@Eggcessive and @Wyorp Rock know way more about respiratory disease than I do.

Tho many respiratory diseases will be carried forever, whether symptoms are present or not.
I personally won't use AB's and have only had mild respiratory disease in my flock.

So i should leave her like that and she will be ok? Thankyou

Ah, OK.
Doubt that would cure a respiratory disease, nor would ACV.
not 'cure' but help it out. first of all, they usually like it. second of all, I was talking out of my own experience because it has actually helped some of my hens when they had these symptoms

My hen is sneezing and has a running nose and her boogers made a bubble anything i can give her to help her?

How old is the hen and how long have you had her?

Running nose, boogers, etc. Does she have any other symptoms - coughing, sneezing, mucous, facial swelling, pus in the eyes, lethargy, not eating/drinking??

How much ventilation is in the coop? Any heavy ammonia smells?

Most of the time respiratory symptoms are either caused by environment or respiratory disease. There are several respiratory diseases that look similar - some are bacterial, some are viral. If it's viral, then an antibiotic can help with Symptoms, but the bird can still be a carrier of the illness.
If she's not in a lot of distress and seems to be recovering, then consider waiting to see if she improves on her own. If she's not well, then you can try an antibiotic like Tylosin to see if that makes a difference.

How old is the hen and how long have you had her?

Running nose, boogers, etc. Does she have any other symptoms - coughing, sneezing, mucous, facial swelling, pus in the eyes, lethargy, not eating/drinking??

How much ventilation is in the coop? Any heavy ammonia smells?

Most of the time respiratory symptoms are either caused by environment or respiratory disease. There are several respiratory diseases that look similar - some are bacterial, some are viral. If it's viral, then an antibiotic can help with Symptoms, but the bird can still be a carrier of the illness.
If she's not in a lot of distress and seems to be recovering, then consider waiting to see if she improves on her own. If she's not well, then you can try an antibiotic like Tylosin to see if that makes a difference.
She is 2 years old and she sneezes hard and the coop has plenty on ventilation including the run its all mostly hard wire

Back
Top Bottom