Hen sounds like a percolator ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

shocked277

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 20, 2011
Hen sounds like a percolator for the last 4 days not moving much just standing there. I have been giving her tetracyclyine hydrochloride. does any one have any other ideas or am I on the right track...Bellow is a youtube video that shows her, not sure if you can hear her good but its the best I can get..just copy and paste...... Thanks for the advice....Brian

Awe........... I don't know whats wrong with her but she is sick. I would assume it is a respritory illness and very contagious till I knew differently. I would definiately keep with the antibiotics until someone can tell you what else to do. Did you seperate her from the other chickens? I would definiately do that too if you haven't already . Is anybody else getting sick at all? Are you treating her by herself or are you treating the whole flock? I personally would treat the whole flock, but some might tell you don't treat unless you know for sure the others are coming down sick too. I hope she gets better soon and
hugs.gif
:hugs:hugs best wishes, Sandy

Is her nose runny , her eyes look clouded over in the video but I couldn't tell what was up with her nose and her mouth seems to be filled with mucus???

Did you use something new in the coop? bedding, or a new feed, is there any mold or does your coop leak? Mold can be deadly to chickens.
I would check just to make sure there weren't any damp spots just to err on the side of caution.

I also would probably take her in the house with ya and fix her up a little box with a blanket just to make sure she stays warm and is getting food and especially water, I know when I get sick I just don't want to eat but it is very important for her to eat to keep her strength up also how old is she and is she laying eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom