hen standing, walking like a penguin?

OHhappychicks

Crowing
10 Years
May 2, 2009
Hillsboro,OH
I have a 3 1/2 yr old hen that is standing with what looks like spraddle leg, like a duck, and her her tail end is down like a penguin. SHe is walking around, but I was'nt home today so I'm not sure if she ate or drank. She did fly up on the roost. Does anyone know what might be wrong with her? I did notice yesterday she was standing with her head under her wing out in the lot, in the middle of the day.

Zanna

Songster
9 Years
Oct 14, 2010
Jefferson, Oregon
I had a 1 1/2 yr old leghorn hen do the same thing a couple of months ago. I brought her into the house to keep an eye on her thinking she would probably not make it. The next day she pooped a pile of roundworms. I wormed her twice 10 days apart with safeguard and she was back with the flock a day after the first worming.

OHhappychicks

Crowing
10 Years
May 2, 2009
Hillsboro,OH
I will try the warm bath this eve. I've never wormed my hens. I've never noticed them in their droppings. Would I see any sign of them or are they all internal? Should I worm them if I'm not sure they have them? Can I get wormer at tsc? Sorry for all the ?'s, but I never thought of worms causing her to act this way. Thanks for your responses.

Top Bottom