Hen staying in nest not laying...

Pancake alert!

Attachments

• IMG_20200603_202452.jpg
    IMG_20200603_202452.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 2
Rooster is a Buff Orpington. She's one year old, and this will be her first hatch, although she's been broody already once.
Do not judge the name 😂 Her sister is called Jeeves, and I like PG. Wodehouse's Jeeves and Wooster. So I named them Jeeves and Rooster. Typical both turned out to be girls. If you name them a boy's name, they're girls, if you want girls, they're boys.

Rooster is a Buff Orpington. She's one year old, and this will be her first hatch, although she's been broody already once.
Do not judge the name 😂 Her sister is called Jeeves, and I like PG. Wodehouse's Jeeves and Wooster. So I named them Jeeves and Rooster. Typical both turned out to be girls. If you name them a boy's name, they're girls, if you want girls, they're boys.
I just reread Wodehouse recently. Love it!

Hi y'all, I have a flock of ISA Browns. One is staying in nest all day. I thought she was egg bound but I don't feel an egg and she seems okay. I thought maybe broody but she doesn't act bitching. She seems to be pooping. I did soak her for two days. Kept filling her where egg would be and feel nothing.
It's in the 90's
They are in a shaded run and all open with a fan going
Giving lots of fresh water
Feed a mixture of 20% layer and 16% layer
Free grit & calcium

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
@Ziptydoda is your hen still staying in nest?
Wonders if she is suffering from heat stress.

Deep all day shade is best but....

I give a dose of Sav-a-Chick electrolytes/vitamins about once a week during heat waves.
It really seems to help....started this after they saved a heat stroked hen once.
Can mix up a smaller amount, just wrap the packet tight and store in a dry cool place.
Always have plain water available too.
full

BIG(9x14x2") chunks of ice last all day for wading, sitting, and sipping.
Much more useful to the chickens than frozen foods and treats.
full

Make space in your freezer!
full

@Ziptydoda is your hen still staying in nest?
Wonders if she is suffering from heat stress.

Deep all day shade is best but....

I give a dose of Sav-a-Chick electrolytes/vitamins about once a week during heat waves.
It really seems to help....started this after they saved a heat stroked hen once.
Can mix up a smaller amount, just wrap the packet tight and store in a dry cool place.
Always have plain water available too.
full

BIG(9x14x2") chunks of ice last all day for wading, sitting, and sipping.
Much more useful to the chickens than frozen foods and treats.
full

Make space in your freezer!
full
Thank you. I've been icing milk jugs down and placing in water as well as rooster booster with electrolyte. She does seem better. Thank you again

Back
Top Bottom